Common Industry


(Rimband, Sillplate, Sill, Or Band)
The band sill is the set of boards that sit on the exterior foundation walls and run along the whole perimeter in a band around the house. Supporting the load of the exterior walls.

(Engineered joist, Truss joist)
A joist is one of the horizontal supporting members that run between foundations, walls, or beams to support a ceiling or floor. Typically, a joist has the cross section of a plank. Joists are often supported by girders and band laid out in repetitive patterns.

(Anchor, Pile)
A helical pier is an extendable deep foundation system with helical bearing plates welded to a central steel shaft. Load is transferred from the shaft to the soil through these bearing plates. Structural engineers are required in most states, if not are recommended for installation.

(Inline or drop girder)
A girder is a support beam used in construction. It is the main horizontal support of a structure which supports smaller beams or joists. Girders often have an I-beam cross section composed of two load-bearing flanges separated by a stabilizing web, but may also have a box shape, Z shape and other forms as well.

(French drains, exterior, interior, sub, concrete)
A French drain is a trench filled with rock or gravel containing a perforated pipe that redirects surface and groundwater away from an area. French drains are primarily used to prevent ground and surface water from penetrating or damaging building foundations. French drains may also be used to distribute water to other sources.

Mold remediation is the removal, cleaning, sanitizing, demolition, or other treatment, including preventative activities, of mold or mold-contaminated matter.

(Concrete Masonry Unit, supports)
Generally an 8″x8″x16″ or 8″x12″ concrete block placed atop a proper sized footing. To support load points above its location. Generally used to replace temporary supports.

(Decking, base flooring)
A rough base floor underneath a finished floor with its bottom surface facing a crawlspace.

A sump pump is a pump used to get rid of water that has accumulated in a water collecting sump basin, commonly found in crawlspaces and in the basement of homes. The water may enter the basin through french drains, funneling into the basin or because of rain or natural ground water, if the basement is below the water table level.

Vapor Barrier is any material used for damp proofing, typically a plastic, that resists diffusion of moisture through wall, ceiling and floor assemblies of buildings to prevent interstitial condensation. Technically, many of these materials are only vapor retarders as they have varying degrees of permeability.

Waterproofing is the process of making an object or structure waterproof or water-resistant, so that it remains relatively unaffected by water or resisting the ingress of water under specified conditions. Such items may be used in wet environments or under water to specified depths. This is done through the use of interior drains, vapor barrier, sump pumps, and dehumidifiers.